Utopia are THE reference high-fidelity headphones manufactured in France by Focal. They are the result of 35 years of innovation, development and manufacturing of high-end speaker drivers and loudspeakers. Equipped with exclusive technology, they offer striking realism, neutrality, dynamics and clarity, for sound with unrivaled purity. Utopia are unique they are the world’s first audiophile headphones to be equipped with totally open-backed full-range speaker drivers with pure Beryllium ‘M’-shaped domes. They meet all the requirements expected of high-end headphones due to their sophisticated and elegant design and to purposeful materiality, such as the carbon fiber yoke and true lambskin leather ear cushions.
Focal Utopia // Reference High-Fidelity Headphones
The Purity of Sound at its Apogee
- Headphones Made in France
- Open back circum-aural headphones dedicated to low noise environments
- Reference pair of headphones featuring full range loudspeakers made of a pure Beryllium “M” shape dome (patent pending)
- Mechanical design offering a full compatibility to any size and shaped head
- Balanced cable with channel separation for fast and easy custom-made solutions (bi-amp)
- Rigid carrying case with magnet locking system
- 13.1ft (4m) OFC cable (1 x Neutrik® 01/4“ (6,35mm) stereo Jack Neutrik® 2 x shielded 03⁄8“ (9.5mm) Lemo® connectors with self-locking bayonet system)
Utopia are equipped with totally open-backed full-range speaker drivers with pure Beryllium ‘M’-shaped domes. Once more, the engineers at Focal have pushed back the limits of acoustic innovation and have succeeded in providing a listening experience worthy of the best Focal loudspeakers. The result: a transducer with a frequency response ranging from 5Hz to more than 50kHz without any crossover or passive filtering! You’ll completely forget you are wearing these headphones, and the reproduction of the audio signal is of unrivalled purity.
REMARKABLE DESIGN AND COMFORT
ACOUSTIC TRANSPARENCY AND EASY CUSTOMIZATION
The cable supplied with Utopia was specifically selected for its capability to respect the original audio signal, such as its very low impedance (< 90 mΩ/metre). It is totally symmetrical in order to offer extremely low crosstalk (< 70 picofarads). The shielding protects it from electromagnetic interference and allows for a longer cable (4m/13 ft.). Finally, the 9.5mm Lemo® connector and the 6.35mm Neutrik® stereo jack enable easy customization.
|Sensitivity||104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz|
|THD||<0,2% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL|
|Frequency response||5Hz – 50kHz|
|Loudspeaker||1 37/64″ (40mm) pure Beryllium “M” shape dome|
|Driver||10.8mm Mylar electro-dynamic|
|Cable Length||13.1ft (4m)|
|Connectors||1 x Jack 01/4“ (6.35mm) stereo / 2 x 3/8“ (9.5mm) Lemo®|
|Carring case||12 53/64″ x 10 15/64″ x 6 29/64 (326x260x164mm)(|
- Rated 5.00 out of 5$ 89.99
- Rated 5.00 out of 5$ 999.00