Dual DAC separates the left and right audio channels from input to output
The advantage of a dual DAC player has now become available to everyone. The AK70 MKⅡ is the first model from Astell&Kern to be equipped with a dual DAC for under a thousand dollars. Its separated channel circuit design offers less noise and interference, yet adds more fidelity and audio output power, to create a bigger sound stage with clearer imaging when paired with your favorite cans or speakers.
Higher audio output with the same refined Astell&Kern sound signature
With a substantial power output of 4.0Vrms from the balanced output, the AK70 MKⅡ can drive a wide range of heavy, hard-to-drive headphones without a problem thanks to Astell&Kern’s latest audio design technology.
While maintaining the natural and neutral tone and sound signature Astell&Kern is famous for, the newly designed audio circuit creates authentic sounds by exceeding previous Hi-Fi Audio specifications, including SNR, Crosstalk, and THD+N, over previous models.
The powerful AK70 MKⅡ’s sound quality is sure to please even the most discerning music aficionado.
24-bit, 192 kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
The AK70 MKⅡ plays any resolution of digital files up to 24-bit/192 kHz, bit-for-bit. 32-bit audio and single or double rate DSD can also be played, but it will be converted to PCM or downsampled.
* 32-bit, 384 kHz is downsampled to 24-bit, 192 kHz, and 32-bit, 352 kHz is downsampled to 24-bit, 176 kHz for playback.
* DSD 64/128 is converted via DSD-to-PCM to PCM 24-bit, 176 kHz for playback.
The AK70 MKⅡ delivers original sound using the 2.5mm 4-pole balanced output that Astell&Kern first pioneered on the AK240 (and other manufacturers soon adopted). The balanced out provides a more powerful audio signal with less noise interference.
A simple USB connection will allow the AK70 MKⅡ to be used as a digital music storage device and/or pre-amp to output digital audio through USB. The AK70 MKⅡ transfers DSD in native format through DoP (DSD over PCM) and converts DSD to PCM for output for external USB Audio that do not support DoP.
* USB audio (Digital Out) output is available only when an external device can accept digital input through USB.
* DoP (DSD over PCM): This is the standard for transferring DSD data to a USB interface and sends DSD data by mounting them onto PCM data frames.
* The type of OTG cable to connect the AK70 MKⅡ with a portable amp differs depending on the specs of the amp. An OTG cable is not included in the AK70 MKⅡ package.
Connect to your PC/Mac computer, or other system, via a USB cable and use the AK70 MKⅡ’s hardware to provide better sound quality. The AK70 MKⅡ, when used as a USB DAC, will bring out more detail and provide a better listening experience than your computer is capable of delivering, even when listening to your favorite streaming service!
When using the AK70 MKⅡ as a USB DAC, playback up to 24-bit, 96kHz is supported to deliver a much richer sound through a larger soundstage and resolution that goes far beyond the limits of an embedded sound card.
Want to easily play back DSD on your computer? No problem. Using the PC’s embedded sound card usually requires a complicated process to playback DSD data, but with the AK70 MKⅡ, simply install our DAC driver on your PC/MAC and play DSD with ease.
* AK70 MKⅡ supports up to 24-bit 96 kHz with USB audio class 1.0 specs.
* DSD 64/128 is converted via DSD-to-PCM for playback.